In Need of a Family Law Attorney Jacksonville FL?
Family law issues are often difficult to navigate. Be it sorting out child custody issues, securing an adoption judgment, or separating from an abusive spouse, it is an inevitably emotional and complex process. At Griffin Family Law, we understand your need for a compassionate advocate and skilled defender during these trying times — a Jacksonville family lawyer willing to fight for your best interests. When it comes to forming, dissolving, or protecting your family relationships, we’re always ready to extend a helping hand. Call us at (904) 372-9708 or contact us online for a free initial consultation today.
Why Work With Our Jacksonville Family Law Attorney
When you need a Jacksonville family law attorney, you want an attorney you can trust. We have handled numerous cases at Griffin Family Law over the years, and we are confident in our ability to handle all types of complex family matters. No matter what your situation is, we strive to make all of our clients feel listened to. We want you to feel secure in the knowledge that we will provide the legal representation you need.
Some of the reasons why Griffin Family Law stands out are:
- Personalized attention — We will never treat you like a case number. Instead of providing generic, cookie-cutter solutions, we ensure that we understand your situation inside and out to provide the custom case plan you truly deserve. Our approach to resolving family law matters acknowledges that every family is unique.
- Detailed advice — We are willing to do all that we can to secure a positive outcome for your case. That includes answering your questions every step of the way and working with you to minimize the negative impact of the situation on you and your close family members.
- Planned strategy — A case is not necessarily over even if the matter has been resolved. The outcome can still impact you, your children, and other family members for years to come. We will help you create a comprehensive, well-thought-out plan to achieve both your short-term and long-term goals.
We treat every client with the utmost compassion and respect. With our free, no-obligation consultation, we can give you advice about your case and you can ask us questions to determine if we will be a good fit for you.
Family Law Areas We Can Help You With
Family law covers a wide spectrum of issues, but our Jacksonville family law attorney are committed to protecting your rights and best interests no matter what. Our legal services extend to all types of family law cases, but some of the most common cases we’ve helped with are:
- Divorce — This is undoubtedly one of the most common reasons for a family law case. Florida ranks fourth among the states with the highest rate of divorce. If you are filing for a divorce, we can provide any services you need.
- Uncontested divorce — If you and your spouse part ways amicably, you can avoid the long, drawn-out litigation process and costly fees of a typical divorce. We can advise you on the differences between an uncontested divorce and a contested divorce so you can come to an informed decision about the best path forward.
- Military divorce — While military divorces deal with the same issues as a typical divorce, some special circumstances and laws may come into play, such as military benefits and pensions. We have experience in both military and civilian divorces and can provide you with the high-quality, professional representation you need.
- Division of assets — Sometimes, you might find yourself facing complications with property division after ending a marriage. We can help you examine the situation and ensure your rights are protected throughout the division process.
- Alimony — Four types of alimony exist in Florida, namely bridge-the-gap, rehabilitative, durational, and permanent. As each of these types comes with certain conditions, we will fight for alimony best suited to your needs and situation.
- Child support — Even though child support follows a set calculation, there are several variables that can impact the prescribed amount of support. We can help you determine the right amount for your situation.
- Child custody/time-sharing — When children are involved, cases become more complex. You can trust us to handle these cases compassionately and carefully, working with you and your children’s best interests in mind.
- Confirming paternity — In certain cases, the child’s paternity must first be established before child support and child custody can be discussed. We can advise you on establishing your paternity.
- Enforcement actions — If your spouse is refusing to pay alimony or child support or is keeping you away from your child, our Jacksonville family law attorney can help you file an enforcement action to receive the support or time you deserve.
- Parenting plans and modification — If you and your spouse cannot agree on the best way to parent your children, we can help you come up with a parenting plan. We can also work with you to change or update these plans as the years pass. We will help you
take the right steps to reach your desired outcome.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We can work with you and your spouse to draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that will protect both you and your spouse’s financial and legal rights in case your marriage ends in the future. While not the most romantic activity for a newly-married couple, these agreements can be immensely helpful years down the road, insulating you against future costs and undue stress.
No matter how simple or complex your case seems, you can count on our family lawyers in Jacksonville, FL to give you accurate legal counsel and compassionate representation.
What To Consider When Hiring Family Lawyers in Jacksonville, FL
Finding the right family law attorney in Jacksonville, FL is no simple matter. Family law comes with turbulent changes in relationships and financial matters, and cases often take stressful and unpredictable turns. At Griffin Family Law, we not only want to help you resolve your family issues but also help you feel confident in your choice to work with us as your family lawyer.
When hiring family lawyers in Jacksonville FL, you want them to be:
- Highly experienced, especially with cases in the local area — While civil cases are often settled out of court, you still want a Jacksonville family law attorney who can represent you in the courtroom. We have represented many clients in Jacksonville over the years and we know how to navigate the local courts.
- Communicative throughout the case process — Resolving family law matters is inherently stressful, but it can be made worse by a lawyer who cannot be bothered to update you. Our team is available whenever you need assistance via phone, email, and other channels. We ensure that we return all calls within 24 hours.
- Willing to sit with you and let you know your options — Very few situations in life are truly black-and-white. We will explain all the options you have at your disposal so that you may decide what strategy can best resolve your family issue. We will always seek to develop a solution that is tailored to your case.
Even if you believe your case is simple, it is still better to seek legal representation before pursuing a family law matter. With how close to home the issue is, you may find yourself struggling to make clear, unbiased decisions that don’t jeopardize your future.
If all you have to do is sign a document, it is still good to have a Jacksonville family lawyer look over the paperwork. Legalese can hide confusing conditions or potential issues that you don’t want to deal with years down the line. On the other hand, when you have a final hearing with a judge, it is doubly important to have a skilled Jacksonville family attorney that can properly defend and argue for your case.
While there is no way to predict the outcome of a case, working with an experienced lawyer greatly increases your chances of a favorable result. At Griffin Family Law, you can count on us to fight for your desired outcome no matter the case. Our experience in handling numerous family law cases makes us confident in our ability to resolve your family issues efficiently and sympathetically.
Get the Assistance of an Experienced Jacksonville Family Lawyer Today
Stressed, afraid, or concerned about a family law issue? You don’t have to struggle alone. Our team at Griffin Family Law is always here to help. We want to equip you with the knowledge to make informed decisions for your family’s future and fight alongside you to protect your rights. Call us at (904) 372-9708 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today, where we
can review the facts of your case and give you the advice you need to find the best way to move forward.