At Griffin Family Law, we understand how complex and emotional family law issues can be. Because of this, we also know how important it is for you to find and use the right family law attorney. We understand you need strong, experienced representation and a caring advocate to help guide you through these challenging times.
Reasons to Choose Our Neptune Family Law Firm
Thanks to our years of practice and experience, we can handle all types of complex family matters. We are dedicated to making sure each client is comfortable and knows we are here to help and provide the legal representation they need.
Some of the things you will receive when you choose Griffin Family Law include:
- Detailed, advice. We take a proactive approach to help secure a positive outcome for your family law matter. We also work to reduce the negative impact the situation has on you, your children, and other family members.
- Personalized attention. We understand that each family is unique. We will never treat you like a number or provide you with a “cookie-cutter solution” to your situation. Our team takes time to get to know your situation, answer your questions, and provide you with the personalized attention and custom case plan you deserve.
- Carefully thought out and planned strategy. The outcome of any family law matter can impact you and your children and other family members for years or even decades. We will work to create a comprehensive plan to help you achieve the goals you have for the short- and long-term.
We are committed to treating each client we serve with the compassion and respect they deserve as we strive to provide creative solutions that are tailored to your situation.
We Can Help with All Types of Family Law Situations
While we provide legal services in all types of family law situations, some of the most common cases we take on include:
- Divorce. If you are filing for divorce or need representation for your divorce, we can provide the services you need.
- Complex property division. When your marriage ends, you may have complicated matters to deal with regarding property division. We can evaluate your situation and help ensure your rights are upheld as the process moves forward.
- Uncontested divorce. With an uncontested divorce, you can avoid the costs and often long procedures involved with litigation. We will help you understand the differences between a contested and uncontested divorce to help you know what option best suits your needs.
- Prenuptial agreements. work with you and your spouse to create prenuptial agreements that help you both protect your financial and legal rights if your marriage ever ends.
- Alimony. In Florida, there are four types of alimony. If financial maintenance is a part of your situation and case, we will provide you with the proper representation based on your needs.
- Child custody. Any case that involves children is more complex, and you can count on us to handle these cases carefully and with compassion while keeping your child’s best interest in mind.
- Parenting plans. As a parent, you know your child and their needs come first. The law views situations involving children the same way. If you cannot agree about parenting or other factors, we can help create a parenting plan.
- Child support. While a set calculation determines child support, there are some variables involved in determining the right amount of support. Our attorney can help you figure out the right amount for your situation.
- Paternity. Child support and child custody matters are sometimes determined during your divorce. However, if you are not married, the child’s paternity must be established.
- Modification. Even quality plans may need to be changed or updated as time passes. The changes are not always simple. Our legal advice will help ensure that you take the right steps to get the desired outcome for the modification.
- Enforcement. If you are not being paid the support to which you are entitled or your child is being kept away from you, we can help through the filing of an enforcement action.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. While these are not exactly romantic, the agreements can help you down the road and protect you from future stress and costs.
It does not matter if your case seems simple or extremely complex, you can count on us to provide you with accurate advice, and you can count on us to advocate for you.
What to Consider When Hiring a Neptune Beach Family Law Attorney
If you face a family law issue, you may believe that all attorneys are created equal. This simply is not the case. In fact, there are a few factors you must consider to ensure you find the right attorney for your needs. We recommend considering the following before hiring a Neptune Beach family law attorney.
Hire an Attorney Who is Knowledgeable and Experienced and Who Has Handled Cases in the Local Area
This is an essential element of any successful family law case. If you hire a law firm that is not familiar with local procedures or that has never been in the courtroom before, you may not get the quality representation you need.
Represented clients in the local area and dealt with the local courts for years. We also have the extensive litigation experience to handle any case or situation you are dealing with.
Hire an Accessible Attorney
When you hire , you can feel confident that we will work tirelessly to help resolve your situation and ensure you get the outcome desired. We know how emotional these types of legal issues can be and will be available to you via phone, email, and more. In fact, our team works diligently to return all calls within 24 hours and can be reached anytime you need assistance.
Know What Options You Have
the experience and can use various strategies to help resolve your family law case. We will work closely with you, explain all the options you have, including settlement, mediation, ortrial,, and ensure you are fully informed each step of the way. We also understand that not all cases require the same plan, so we will work with you to develop an effective solution for your situation.
Never Pursue Your Family Law Matter without Legal Representation
It does not matter how simple or complex your case is; your family law situation requires the expertise of a licensed, experienced attorney. For every successful family law matter, there will be a settlement or a Final Hearing date with the judge for the case.
Before you sign anything, it is good to have an attorney review the paperwork to ensure you fully understand it and that there is no confusion or issues related to the situation. If there is a Final Hearing with the judge, it is essential to have an attorney represent your situation, so it is properly defended and argued.
Make Sure You Don’t Complicate Your Family Law Situation
At Griffin Family Law, there are a lot of issues going on with each case. Because of this, it is essential to focus on the most important matters. Issues like how often parents see their child or how much money a client receives from the sale of their home or in alimony are all important. We will maximize our time by focusing on the main issues of your case to be as efficient and successful as possible.
Common Questions About Your Family Law Case
Many clients have questions about our services, experience, and abilities during the initial consultation meeting. We have answered some of the most common questions we hear below.
What is your experience level?
Depending on your specific circumstances, you may want a veteran lawyer representing your case. However, you may also want to ensure the lawyer is well-versed in Florida law and family matters.
We will be happy to discuss Mr. Griffin’s experience during the initial consultation at which time you can also determine if we are a good fit for you and your case.
What type of cases does the law firm usually manage?
This is like the first question. You want to make sure an attorney right for your case will be representing you.
Getting an idea of who the law firm’s typical client is can help with this. If the attorney does not just represent family law clients, they may not have the expertise needed for your case. We oversee only family law cases at our law firm to ensure that you get the best representation possible.
How much do your legal services cost?
Finding quality, affordable legal services is a top concern for most family law clients. Regardless of your situation, you want to make sure you can cover the costs of legal services. We can discuss our fees and may even be able to provide you with payment options or payment plans to make our services more affordable.
Are there other options for handling your family law situation?
When you hire a family attorney, their services can be costly. This is especially true if your case must go to court. Because of this, you likely want to know if there are any other potential options.
Out-of-court arrangements can be made to help you save time and money. However, this is not always available. We can review your case and situation to see your options.
When can you expect communication from your attorney or legal team?
It is important to stay updated about the case, so this is a common question. Knowing when you will hear from your attorney will help you know when you should reach out. Be sure that the attorney you hire provides you with several methods of communication such as email and phone number.
Will you receive copies of all documents related to your case?
You should have a copy of all correspondence related to your case to keep in your personal records. Be sure you find out how the attorney will get these to you and when. A quality attorney will have no problem sending you these documents and send via your preferred method (usually email or traditional mail).
Will your case be a collaborative effort?
Will your attorney be willing to work with you when representing your case or situation? It is important to find out what the attorney’s goal is for your situation and if it matches yours. Find out if they will collaborate and even encourage mediation as a potential outcome rather than an extensive and expensive court proceeding.
What do they predict the outcome of your case to be?
There is no way sure way for an attorney to tell you what will happen with your case. However, you need to find an attorney who is confident in their abilities to help with your case and who will fight aggressively for your rights and your desired outcome. When we take on a case, you can count on us to be your advocate and ally every step of the way.
Contact Our Neptune Beach Family Law Attorney
Do you have a family law issue you need help with? Are you concerned about moving forward alone? If so, we at Griffin Family Law is here to help. We have years of experience representing family law matters and can put our experience to use for you. Contact us today to set up a consultation or to get started with our legal services.